Thursday, June 23, 2022

Tonto Writes Again


Tonto Writes Again!
 
Last night I had a funny dream
I lived upon this very land
Before that there Amerigo
& Columbus named us all
(Aryan/Indian in this new round earth)
Adventurous Italians sailing
from lands of godly Kings and Queens
 
Some puzzlements of this reverie
swam into my brain
wrapped in deerskin robe
my skin was still the color
of the sand upon the shore
my hair a brown & yellow
like leaves turned to in Fall
eyes the color of the sky
my home was still a wigwam
but as I began to speak
the language of mad King George
slipped out from my pink lips
 
A chuckle woke me 
I hugged my teddy bear
in my snug warm bed
with lusty minutes of pure laughter
the dream came rolling back
in our mind live others
who hold our spirits too
    on these sweet nights   
                        
maybe

we can with them commune

©j.m.frase-white the morning of June 22, 2022
 

No comments:

Post a Comment