Wednesday, January 6, 2021

13th Birthday Dream for Jonny

 A 13th Birthday Dream for Jonny



Higglety-Picklety, bigadee-boo

I met a lion that looked like you

Lying by the backyard fence

It really didn’t make much sense

Not hard to see, I admit it’s true

A gingham coat in rainbow hue

 bright and sassy, mornin’ news!

With golden hair and fancy shoes

Pigglety-pup and figgelty fig

Memmbe he is wearin’  a wig

Biggity pump and pickelty-poo

He even smelled a bit like you

 

You must think I’m lying now

But do believe it anyhow

He asked for you by yer name

Said he wants to be just the same

Biddly bum and tigger too

I swear he really looked like you

Surely He’s a dandy lion

For all his cryin’ and his sighin’

There is just no denying

Why he acts just like you

Trickster master of disguise

He’d even got your bright brown eyes

  

Fiddly fum and bounce and boo!

What am I ever, ever to do?

In a mirror straight and tall

I’m such a silly monkey-poo is all

Well pee my pants is what I’ll do

Why, Lord in heaven, it is YOU!

  ©j.m.frase-white 2021

Happy Birthday Jonny!

Love,

Grandpa Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment