Thursday, January 11, 2018

Witness Forty

Bright Blue of Young Stars, Watercolor, 1979 or 1980 (Pittsburgh, PA) 


I witness, outside myself

 You laughing
the room lighting up
the moment I first saw you
across the room
Sporting in Boston
lifting a glass
your hair African wild
I witnessed a beauty
desire, in April

In a summer outdoor cafe
sitting w/my poet friend
you walked by laughing with your friends
I witnessed myself, out of my body
walking too, knowing I wanted
to walk with you the rest of my life

On Christmas night
I witnessed a miracle
you, walking into playland bar
under a garland of white starry lights
surprised, recalling your name
a walking gift, under the ribbons
of light on the boston common
you came home with me

40 years ago it was
now, home in our Vermont
I am witness to a happy life
always surprised that it is mine
bearing witness to the love
 that is You. 
                                                                                     
Happy Anniversary, my Chuck 2018

Lotus of Compassion, a  gift window for Chuck, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment